Riffyn captures 3 distinct types of data
- Material Flow - how a process uses materials:
- Procedural Tasks - how users perform the process:
- Specified by using Riffyn's Design Canvas in Design Mode.
- Operations to be performed at a step are represented as tasks for that particular step.
- Data Flow - how data is related throughout the process:
It is particularly noteworthy that in Riffyn the steps and connections of the Design Canvas correspond intrinsically to Material Flows. The interfaces for Procedural Tasks and Data Flows are coupled closely to the Design Canvas, yet they are also distinct from it.